DebtFreeMuslims.com Podcast Episode 4
This episode is brought to you by MuslimMatters.org – Because Muslims matter.
Our guest for this episode is Shaykh Mirza Yawar Baig.
In this episode we cover:
- Financial issues affecting Muslims in America vs. globally
- Understanding the concept of rizq (sustenance) in Islam and misconceptions surrounding it
- The importance of good parenting
- Wants vs. Needs, identifying needs in regards to things like education
- Self-Worth that our children need
- The mindset needed to be debt-free
- The entitlement attitude
- The true meaning of sabr
- What holds people back from seeking scholarships
- Countering destructive negative attitudes from early on
- The effects of laziness and a safety net
- Role of Barakah and Tawakkul and it’s relationship with sabr
- The Tahajjud litmus test
References from Podcast
Shaykh Mirza Yawar Baig online
- Standard Bearers Academy
- Fajr Reminders Podcast
- Shaykh Yawar Baig’s Books on Amazon
- Leadership Lessons from the Life of Rasoolullah (s)
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Lecture Videos Referenced
If you enjoyed this podcast, please take a minute to share with a friend and RATE and SUBSCRIBE in iTunes.
ITunes Link: http://bit.ly/dfmpodcast
Stitcher Radio: http://bit.ly/dfmstitcher
Android (RSS): http://bit.ly/dfmpodcastrss
You can also visit our website and sign up for the email list to be notified of new episodes, articles, and get our FREE ebook – A Practical Guide to Debt and Personal Finance for Muslims.