- Picking a career path
- The importance of low-risk experiments like internships
- How LaunchGood started, and what all this “crowd-funding” business really is
- Challenges with crowd-funding specific to the Muslim community
- How crowd funding is changing as it grows, and a critical look at personal/individual crowd-funding campaigns
- LaunchGood’s filtering process for what they allow on their site, and promoting responsible crowd-funding.
- Providing a means of giving sadaqah in a directly impactful way
- Misconceptions about crowd-funding
- Should you donate to relief projects through crowd-funding instead of established charities?
- Should you use crowd-funding to get out of personal debts?
- Why LaunchGood turned down a Masjid’s crowd-funding campaign, and how they ended up raising the money anyways
- People raising funds for Islamic education, challenges dealing with your local community, and accountability
- Chris’ favorite LaunchGood project
- Creating win-win crowd-funding campaigns
- iTunes Link: http://bit.ly/dfmpodcast
- Stitcher Radio: http://bit.ly/
- Android (RSS): http://bit.ly/
You can also visit our website and sign up for the email list to be notified of new episodes, articles, and get our FREE ebook – A Practical Guide to Debt and Personal Finance for Muslims: http://